Antonia greenlandinnovation2017@gmail.com 1-702-2458544 1-702-2458544
Beer equipment
Your Position:   Home     Common Home Brewing Equipment

Common Home Brewing Equipment

Equipment Needed


Basic brewing equipment can be bought individually or in a kit. Either way, the equipment list will be something like brew pot, stopper and airlock, primary fermenter, plastic hose, bottles, bottling bucket, bottle capper (for glass bottles), bottle brush and thermometer. You will also need some household items such as a saucepan, small bowl, rubber spatula, pot holders, oven mitts and plastic or stainless steel mixing spoon. If you are buying the equipment individually, they can be purchased on the Internet or a local brewing supply store, if you have one in your area.


Brew Pot, Primary Fermenter and Bottling Bucket


The brew pot is used to boil the beer and it should be enamel coated or stainless steel and a minimum of 16 quart's. Using an aluminum pot or an enamel pot that is chipped will make a beer that tastes weird. The primary fermenter is the holding tank for the "wort" or the beer after it is boiled. This is where the brew will begin the fermentation process. The primary fermenter must have a 7 gallon capacity. The fermenter should have an airtight lid that accommodates a rubber stopper and airlock. The bottling bucket is a large food grade plastic bucket with a spigot at the bottom. It should be as big as the primary fermenter, as it will hold all the home brew prior to bottling.


Stopper and Airlock, Plastic Hose and Stick On Thermometer


The stopper and airlock will be airtight but allow the carbon dioxide to escape and prevent a brew explosion. It will not allow outside air to contaminate the brew. The stoppers must be the same size in order to be effective. A five foot plastic hose of food grade quality will be used to transfer the beer from container to container. The hose must be kept clean for sanitary purposes. It is important for it to be free from kinks and twists for efficient pouring. A thermometer applied to the side of the fermenter for the purpose of keeping track of the temperature of the brew, can be a stick on type. They are the same kind as used as an aquarium and can be purchased from a home brewing supply store or an aquarium supply store.